POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Feature request : Feature request Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:18:14 EDT (-0400)
  Feature request
From: Andrew Cocker
Date: 11 Mar 1999 13:33:39
Message: <36e80c83.0@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

On the subject of feature requests..is there an official channel for sugestions?

Anyway, what I'd really, really like to see is this:
Instead of a pigment and color_map only affecting the surface of the object, I'd like
see the possibility that the texture could physically *eat away* the object wherever a
specific keyword is used as a color_map entry ie erode. As I understand it, procedural
textures exist in 3d space anyway, but are only seen where the surface of the object
is,
so perhaps this feature could be implemented easily?

Andy